This is an opportunity for the right person to build their skills in project management, audience evaluation and research. The Intern Project Leader: Market Research will play a key role in implementing, coordinating and delivering the 2012 Visitor Research project.The Market Research Intern will work closely with Museums & Galleries NSW, consultants responsible for the planning and delivery of the project.
- Studying towards or recent completion of a degree in marketing, communications, evaluation/research and/or equivalent experience (completed degree not essential)
- Some experience in administraion, marketing, communications or evaluation and research
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Interest in visual arts and contemporary art
- Strong interest in developing audiences
Assist with the coordination and delivery of the Visitor Research project. With the Biennale and alongside Museum & Galleries NSW, work on the 2012 Visitor Research Project, coordinating and undertaking qualitative and quantitative visitor research across multiple Biennale of Sydney venues during the 12-week exhibition period.
Assist the Volunteer Coordinator with recruiting and managing additional inters to administer Visitor Research projects.
Along with the Marketing and Sponsorship Coordinator, monitor market research intern roster and ensure smooth delivery of the visitor survey and reaching survey quotas.
Assist with collating data and preparing surveys for analysis.
- Gain industry experience in Australia’s leading contemporary art event
- Be part of a non-profit organisation, by working with a strong reputation both in Australia and around the world Gain insight and experience with a range of experienced professionals in arts management
- Have fun on an exciting, large-scale event and learn with a great team!
The Intern Project Leader will work under the supervision of the Marketing and Sponsorship Coordinator and with the Biennale’s research consultant, Museums & Galleries NSW.
Commencement date: 2 April 2012
Dates: Minimum three days per week (days negotiable)
Duration: 6 months
Fill in the intern application form and include ‘Market Research Intern application’ in the questionnaire field, ‘What do you wish to achieve through an internship with the Biennale of Sydney?’ by 5 pm Wednesday, 14 March 2012.