It was first held in 2010, the next edition ist planned for 2013. The organizers are currently seeking site-specific art proposals in four categories:
- Works using the piers
- Works that take the island’s nature and history as their theme
- Alley Project: Works created mainly in the alleys of the Ogijima island and the alley to the “Damon’s cave” of the Megijima island
- Other: Open proposals
The specific sites for the art projects will be determined by the Administration Office, based on the plans proposed by the applicants.
- Eligibility: Any person who can understand the aim of Setouchi Triennale.
- Application Period: Thursday, May 17, 2012 through Thursday, 31 May, 2012.
Applications must arrive no later than 17:00 (Japan Standard Time) on 31 May. They can not be submitted in person.
- Number of Selected Proposals: 10 to 30 (the number of selection is subject to circumstances)
- Application Procedures: Application fee, and documents that are stipulated in the guidelines.Download application form
- Application Fee: Amount: 1,000 yen (per plan)
Please payment option 1 or 2:
(1) Only for those who live in Japan. Postal money transfer to the account mentioned below.
※commission fees will be charged to the applicant.
※Please make sure that the applicant’s name is the same as the remitter’s name.
Account number: 01670-6-52838
Account name: 瀬戸内国際芸術祭実行委員会
(2) Online via PayPal
Please print a copy of the payment confirmation page that appears on the screen and attach it to your application form.