The conference will be held at the Higher School of Humanities and Journalism, Poznań, Poland from 14-16 September 2012 and is organized in partnership with the Polish Mediations Biennale 3, The Unknown – Nieznane. The conference encompasses participation in Biennale Special Events including a Biennale Day on September 15 featuring curators Tomasz Wendland, Fumio Nanjo, Denise Carvalho, and Friedhelm Mennekes, as well as the opportunity to submit artistic work for consideration in a Special Exhibition at the Polish Mediations Biennale.
About the Call for Work
In conversation with the MEDIATIONS BIENNALE theme, ʻThe Unknown – Nieznaneʼ, The Image Conference will address the 2012 special conference theme – The Thread to the Unknown: Is the Unknown a construct? Can we actually construct the Unknown, and if so how do we do it? The conference aims to explore the boundaries of language, culture, scientific research, artistic production and images in relation to the Unknown, in order to think about the limits of science and the future of human society.
Artistic entries are welcome in the following areas:
1. Visual presentation of artwork or documentary
2. Screening of films and videos
4. Theater performance
6. Multimedia presentation or performance
Round 3: Monday, 9 July
Final Round: Monday, 13 August
- Submissions should be sent to @ and must be received no later than 13 August 2012 (the deadline for the Final Round in the call for work). Entries received after this date will not be eligible for selection. Entries must also include the artist’s name and a short biography (100-200 words).
- If you are a conference presenter, please send your artistic submission to @, with your proposal ID quoted in the body of your message.
- Submissions will be evaluated within two weeks of each round’s deadline.
- Once an entry is accepted, participants must register for the conference either with a presenter registration or an exhibiting participant registration.
- Conference presenters must have an accepted proposal and a conference registration to be eligible for inclusion.
- Exhibiting participants much register for the conference as an Exhibiting Participant.
Registration details may be found at http://ontheimage.com/conference-2012/register/.