A Roundtable Discussion Event
Presented by Limerick Arts Office, eva International and Limerick City Gallery of Art
Saturday 11 May 2013 14–16.30h
Limerick City Gallery of Art
- Bassam El Baroni, Co-Curator of Lofoten International Art Festival 2013 and Curator of eva International 2014
- Lewis Biggs, Curator of Aichi Triennale 2013 and Folkestone Triennial 2014
- Helen Carey , Director/Curator of Limerick City Gallery of Art
- Annie Fletcher, Curator of Exhibitions at the Van Abbemuseum and Curator of eva International 2012
- Zoë Gray, Independent Curator, Vice-President of IKT the International Association of Curators of Contemporary Art
- Woodrow Kernohan, Director of eva International
- Nicolaus Schafhausen, Director of Kunsthalle Wien and Curator of Bucharest Biennale 2014
For eva International 2012, Curator Annie Fletcher activated a network of national and international partnerships, developing a series of platforms to showcase the vibrant artistic scene in Ireland and beyond. Organizations such as Project Art Centre (Dublin), The Israeli Center for Digital Art (Tel Aviv, Israel), Visual Artists Ireland (Dublin), Gracelands (Leitrim) and Static Gallery (Liverpool, UK) all created aspects of the exhibitions and events programme that extended the scale and scope of eva International 2012. Curating Partnerships grew out of these intense partnerships and the current and urgent need to pool resources, share expertise and work more dynamically.
This event is free and open to the public but numbers are limited. To reserve a place, please contact @">@.
Image: Caoimhin Mac Giolla Leith in “Thirty Drafts,” a series of readings devised and designed by Oisin Byrne and Vaari Claffey at “Gracelands—Circling the Square,” part of eva International 2012, Limerick, Ireland. Photo: © Eamonn O’Mahony / studioworks.