Application deadline: 5pm Monday 22 April 2013
The successful candidate will receive a Scholarship to undertake a 2-year MA by Practice-Based Research through Limerick School of Art and Design, LIT based within eva International. The Scholarship Award will cover Student Fees, a monthly stipend as well as travel and training allowance, provided by eva International in partnership with Limerick School of Art and Design, LIT.
Through professional experience, independent research and practical projects this Curatorial Scholarship aims to enable the selected candidate to develop the intellectual, practical and professional skills needed to contribute to the field of Curating and Visual Arts Administration.
Proposed Curatorial Scholarship Programme
- Year One
- Leading towards the 36th edition of eva International in April–July 2014 the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the eva International team, directly assisting the Curator and gaining first-hand experience at the heart of the curatorial process. Professional development experience will include: planning and delivering biennial exhibitions, artist and gallery liaison, developing education programmes, catalogue production, arts marketing, events facilitation, archive management, evaluation and fundraising. The selected candidate will undertake Research into the history and evolution of the organization and role of the Curator, and will develop and deliver specific Projects as part of eva International 2014. • Progress review by quarterly Research Presentations and Practical Projects as part of eva International 2014.
- Progress review by quarterly Research Presentations and Practical Projects as part of eva International 2014.
- Year Two
- Working towards the 37th edition of eva International in 2016 the selected candidate will have the opportunity to be part of the initial planning, development and fundraising process leading towards the appointment of the 2016 Curator. The selected candidate will propose and curate a Project as part of eva International’s interim programme may also undertake Independent Research into the history of eva International, the role of the Curator, the evolution of the contemporary art biennial or an appropriate area of interest.
- Final Submission by Project within the context of the overall eva International programme and supporting dissertation
- Minimum Requirements
- Honours Degree (minimum second class honours grade 2) in History of Art, Fine Art, or a related subject.
- Demonstrable strong interest in contemporary art.
- Relevant practical experience in a paid or voluntary capacity within the contemporary art field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Good interpersonal skills, teamwork spirit and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrable IT and administrative skills.
- Desirable Requirements:
- Previous experience of curating one or more exhibitions.
- Interest to develop a career in the field of curating of visual arts administration.
- Completed Limerick Institute of Technology Postgraduate Application Form
- Current CV (maximum 2-sides A4)
- Names and addresses of 2 referees
- Copy of Academic and Degree Certificates
Completed application forms and supporting materials should emailed to: @">@