The Prince Claus Fund’s Ticket Fund supports the cross-cultural exchange of artists and cultural practitioners. By covering travel costs, such as economy class plane or train tickets, the Ticket Fund assists in the professional growth and networking abilities of those it supports.
The Ticket Fund is open throughout the year to receive applications. It is specifically intended for artists and cultural practitioners living in and travelling from countries listed in the DAC list.
Please note, the Ticket Fund does not include accommodation, visa, transfer or per diem costs.
- Emerging artists and cultural workers are encouraged to apply (individuals or those representing independent cultural/artistic organisations);
- Priority is given to individuals up to 35 years old and/or within the first 10 years of their career;
- Applications focusing on contemporary artistic and cultural disciplines including cultural capacity building are encouraged ;
- Only applicants travelling from and holding passports of countries listed on the DAC list are eligible for funding;
- A maximum of two individuals applying for the same event/project is permitted, with clearly justified and complementary roles for each person in the travel itinerary (both application will be considered separately);
- Applications must be received at least 8 weeks before the intended date of travel; applications sent in later can unfortunately not be considered.
- Successful grantees must request reimbursement maximum 4 weeks after the travel has taken place. Reimbursement is granted only at this time, and not before the intended travel.
Types of Travel that are Supported
- Attendance at a meeting, festival, conference for the first time to expand professional networks;
- Attendance at capacity development training (e.g. workshops, talent development programmes)
- Participation in a local arts and culture scene followed by knowledge-sharing with local and/or international peers;
- Setting up new (experimental) cross-border partnerships for upcoming projects, particularly those in the preparation or development phase.
Types of Travel that are NOT Supported
- Travels from- and applicants holding passports of countries that are NOT listed on the DAC list;
- The Ticket Fund is awarded on a one-time only basis; successful grantees are not eligible for additional future travel grants;
- Travel that commenced or took place before receiving our funding decision;
- Travel without at least one committed host organisation;
- Applications in which the traveler and/or host organisation will partake in activities that:
o focus only on the academic sector or represent traditional approaches to research and education (e.g. school/university exchanges, scholarships, research or education programmes firmly located within a traditional institution);
o are tourism related;
o are concerned with awards, auditions and competitions, summer camps, summer schools, and student exchanges;
- Applications in which the traveler and/or host organisation represents student bodies, commercial organisations, state institutions (such as governmental bodies), organisations focusing primarily on education, therapy or religion.
- Attending arts residence programmes that are not in line with these guidelines or do not have a clear impact on the surroundings.
- The applicant must be the traveler personally and not a host organisation;
- Please download the application from the Prince Claus Fund’s website, fill it in and send it to the below email address together with a biography/Curriculum Vitae and an invitation letter from the inviting organization;
- If granted, applicants must supply scanned copies of original travel receipts, accompanied by a signed digital version of the Narrative Report.
For information regarding the application procedure, see: