Setouchi Triennale 2016
DEADLINE NOTE: the period for submission of applications opens on 24 February and closes on 10 March 2015.
1) Site-specific works
- Works using the piers
- Works with the theme of the island’s nature and history
- Works using the alleys and streets
- Works using the island’s vacant house
(2) Site-specific performances and events (projects including residency available as their theme.)
(3) Food project (using local ingredients and containing collaboration with local people.)
(4) Other: Open proposals
Eligibility and application details:
- Applicant Qualification:Any person that understands the aims of the Setouchi Triennale.
- Application Period:Tuesday, February 24, 2015 through Tuesday, 10 March. – NOTE: Applications must arrive no later than 17h on the 10th March. Personal delivery of applications is not allowed.
- Number of Selected Proposals:10 to 40 (the number of selection is subject to circumstances)
- Application Procedures: Please prepay the application fee, and submit the documents that are stipulated in this guideline.
Download guidelines here.
Spring : March 20th [Sun] – April 17th [Sun]
Summer : July 18th [Mon] – September 4th [Sun]
Autumn : October 8th [Sat] – November 6th [Sun]
Total Days Held : 108
12 islands of the Seto Inland Sea + Takamatsu and Uno
Naoshima / Teshima / Megijima / Ogijima / Shodoshima / Oshima /
Inujima / Shamijima [Spring Only] / Honjima [Autumn Only] /
Takamijima [Autumn Only] / Awashima [Autumn Only] /
Ibukijima [Autumn Only] / Takamatsu and Uno port
Organizer | Setouchi Triennale Executive Committee
Chairperson | Keizo Hamada [Governor of Kagawa Prefecture]
Honory President | Takeki Manabe [Former Governor of Kagawa Prefecture]
General Producer | Soichiro Fukutake [Chairman, Fukutake Foundation]
General Director | Fram Kitagawa [Art Director]
Image Courtesy Setouchi Triennale.