The Tirana Biennale is founded by the registered N.G.O. Institute of Tirana Biennale. The Institute of Tirana Biennale is set up to create and develop cultural exchange of a global dimension through the organizing of the biannual event Tirana Biennale and through:
– the creation of an independent forum that will allow the free exchange flow of ideas on matters and issues of contemporary art and culture in Albania, prioritizing the organization of art events, round tables in relation to different expressions of contemporary culture and their public impact;
– providing the base for the organizing of international events in Albania, that would establish and promote the cultural exchange between the local and international cultural scene;
– organizing of theoretical seminars, meetings and conferences, and establishing the collaboration between public institutions and non-govermental initiatives in relation to the cultural field;
– providing information and education to the general public, international art community and other institutions, about the results and achievements of contemporary art and culture, on a local and international scale;
– provide the necessary information on various possibilities that would enhance the artistic exchange between artists from Albania, through residency programs, as well as creating the necessary infrastructure for the same exchange for non-Albanian artists.