Deadline: 21 December 2012.
SB 2013 is inviting artists to submit their proposals for consideration. All material will be reviewed by members of the curatorial team and shortlisted artists may be invited for further discussion with the curators and possible inclusion in the Biennale. The open call will close on 21 December 2012.
- Respond to the Biennale title in a compelling way. (Please refer to the Singapore Biennale 2013 brief in the Open Call Information document.)
- Engage with Southeast Asia and Asia.
- Engage with a variety of audiences ranging from art enthusiasts to those who are encountering contemporary art for the first time.
- Activate and transform the experience of venues and spaces. The Biennale will be sited within the Bras Basah-Bugis Precinct. As a guide, key sites include:
Proposals must include or observe the following
1. All materials should be sent postmarked before 5:00PM, 21 December 2012 to
Singapore Biennale 2013 Project Management Team, Singapore Art Museum, 61
Stamford Road, #02-02 Stamford Court, Singapore 178892, or emailed to
2. The submission should give a clear indication of the type of space or site
envisioned for the artwork.
3. For ease of storage and fairness, submitted materials for both existing and new
works or projects should adhere to:
a. One A4 size file with completed submission cover page, images, additional
text and information about works or practice.
b. Video or other media work in DVD format onlyPage 2 of 5
c. Complete Artist CV
d. Anticipated artwork production budget in Singapore Dollars
Please note that submissions will not be returned. They will be kept by the Biennale
Secretariat and entered into a Biennale archive. For unsuccessful proposals, please
arrange with the project management team to collect your submission in person.