11th Biennale of Contemporary African Art, Dak’art
May 09 to June 08, 2014
Deadline: 15th of September 2013.
- This call for application is only for African and African Diaspora artists.
- Works submitted for selection must not have been shown yet in an international exhibition. They must be property of the artist and date of less than 2 years.
- The General Secretariat of the Biennale of Dakar will not consider incomplete applications portfolios.
- Application documents will not be sent back to the artists after deliberations of the selection committee. They will be added to the documentation centre of the Biennale of Dakar.
The Application Portfolio must include the following elements digitalized:
- Application letter indicating your acceptance of regulation
- Application form dully filled
- A biography of maximum 15 lines in french and in english
- Detailed curriculum vitae: civil status, studies, exhibitions, awards, residencies, publications, links on the web.
- A recent portrait photograph of the artist (digitalized)
- Five colour photos digitalized of recent works being property of the artist and less than 2 years old.
- Technical file of submitted works
- Copies of articles in art magazines and art critic articles on the artist’s work, one or several statements from well known experts (optional).
- By email and if possible in one sending in zip file to @" href="@" target="_blank">@
- By large file transfer in one download file zipped (dl.free.fr, Wetransfer, Yousendit, Dropbox, Sendbox, etc) reported by email to @" href="@" target="_blank">@
- Per Post for dvd with heavy videos, with registered parcel or express mail to: Secrétariat Général de la Biennale de Dakar. 19, Avenue Hassan II . B.P. 3865 Dakar – RP. Sénégal
- Artists who can’t digitalize their documents are allowed to send it printed by post. For photos printed on paper, name of the artist, given name, title of work, year must be written on the back of each photo.
Complete application portfolios must be sent as soon as possible and received lately September 15, 2013 to @" href="@" target="_blank">@.