The Karachi Biennale Trust (KBT) invites applications from experienced curators interested in curating the second iteration of Karachi Biennale in 2019.
Karachi Biennale is Pakistan’s largest international art event that focuses on creating a nuanced narrative for Karachi with public art exhibitions for local and international audiences.
It is organized by KBT, a non-profit art platform for innovation and criticality.
The selected curator will be a part of a prestigious event that is gaining recognition in global art circles. The curator will receive a professional fee and domestic travel allowance. There will also be opportunities to attend Biennales in other countries during the curatorial tenure.
- Curator must be based in Karachi and be knowledgeable of Pakistan‘s art history as well as the national and international contemporary art scene.
- The curator’s experience should include well conceptualized five medium to large shows in Pakistan and at least one show in a gallery or museum abroad.
- The curator should be interested in research and have the capacity to present a large scale exhibition coherently around a concept.
- The curator must have strong organizational skills, be able to perform under pressure and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential as the curator will be working closely with various KB19 team and will also need to engage with the media and a public audience.
- Strong written and spoken Urdu and English language skills.
INTERESTED CURATORS ARE REQUIRED TO SEND THE FOLLOWING:
- A detailed CV and proposals of all previous shows. Please include website links if available.
- A short concept note (minimum 800 words) which brings into discussion through art, diversity (in all its forms) as a source of knowledge and empowerment.
- A short text (minimum 800 words) on innovative exhibition strategies to make art accessible to a public audience.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE 15 May 2018
Application, CV, Concept note and Short text to reach KBT before 15 May 2018. Short listed candidates will be invited for interview in May and June 2018
Application, CV and texts should be sent via email and addressed to
Managing Trustee KBT Email: @