KLA ART, Kampala Contemporary Art Festival, is a non commercial venture with an emphasis on the commission of new works of an experimental nature. Through an extensive professional development programme for artists and curators, KLA ART is currently focusing on strengthening the visual art scene within Uganda and East Africa.
KLA ART Key Objectives:
– Offer an innovative platform to show Contemporary Ugandan Art
– Bring Ugandan art into a critical local, regional and international network
– Make Contemporary Ugandan art accessible to a wide public audience
– Work with local partners to develop the long‑term growth of the Ugandan art scene
– Work with local authorities to promote contemporary art and its benefits in Uganda
KLA ART was founded in 2012 by eight Kampala based cultural centres: 32° East | Ugandan Arts Trust, Afriart Gallery, AKA Gallery, Alliance Française Kampala, Goethe-Zentrum Kampala, Makerere Art Gallery/IHCR, Nommo Gallery, and Uganda Museum.